Monday, January 2, 2012

Bachelor Backfire

Day 2

I quit. No not my resolution, but trying to understand society. I'm sitting at work totally upset. Today it's not because I work for minimum wage nor that it's a National holiday and I don't get holiday pay, I'm upset that it's a holiday, I'm making poop wages and I have to suffer through watching 2 hours of the Bachelor along with Celebrity Wife Swap. Why do people watch these shows? What is so fascinating about seeing women attack each other and an overwhelming amount of crying. Who thought it was acceptable to have a 30 sec promo with only sobbing women? Am I the only one that finds it to be misogynistic and sadistic? Is no one else disturbed by this? I just don't understand. If anyone has any insight into why these shows are so popular please let me know. So much crying!!! Luckily I had something to preoccupy myself. I shaved down my callouses and painted my toes. For once I'm thankful for my thick callouses. Next week I might wax my legs. I have to go through a whole season so I'm open to distraction recommendations.

My distraction setup


 Oh wait I forgot my positive thoughts... I'm so thankful for nail polish. Done.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

this is by far one of my favorite blogs.

Fabulous AF said...

HAHAHAHAH Amy you are so funny. Im finding its more so in writing. haha. jk. Love you sissy!!

motherbrown said...

Oh, there's my foot scrubber. Brat!

Anonymous said...

Would you prefer it to be: Celebrity Bachelor Swap. But then where would we go to find good misogyny?